The Cipafilter Authentication Client can be easily deployed to your network clients as a Group Policy Object (GPO). This guide will walk you through creating such a policy in Active Directory.
Before you start:
In order to deploy the Cipafilter Authentication Client, you must have the appropriate client msi downloaded. The client can be downloaded either from the Utilities menu on the Cipafilter web interface, or directly from http://downloads.cipafilter.com/client/.
- Log in to your Active Directory server.
- Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools.
- Open Group Policy Management.
- Locate Group Policy Objects.
- Right-click on Group Policy Objects and select New.
- Assign a Name to the GPO. This should be easily identifiable as the policy associated with the Cipafilter Auth Client.
- Do not select anything for the Source Starter GPO.
- Right-click the newly-created GPO and select Edit to enter the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Go to the Software Settings submenu of the newly-created GPO's Computer Configuration Policies menu.
- Right-click Software Installation, and select New > Package.
- Select and Open the cipaauthclient msi file that you intend to associate with this GPO.
- Place the cipaauthclient file in a Share. Every user must have Read access. Please note that you might experience a problem if you use NETLOGON as your share owing to timing issues that may result in some of the files placed there being inaccessible.
- Select Assigned for your Deployment Method.
Your Cipafilter Auth Client is now ready to be pushed out as a GPO.