The LDAP Search Base, or Base Domain Name (DN), needed to integrate your CIPAFilter with Active Directory can be found using the following steps:
- Connect to any Windows server on your domain (preferrably the Primary Domain Controller).
- Open a Command Prompt window: click Start, then click Run, type CMD, and press Enter.
- Type cd\ and press Enter.
- Type ldifde -f followed by a filename of your choosing and press Enter. For example:
ldifde -f domainoutput.txt
- Locate and open the saved file. In this example, it will be in the C:\ directory.
- The first line of the file will provide the needed information