Custom Reports are created on the Notifications page and can be automatically dispatched on either a daily or weekly basis.
Problem: We would like an automatic report run daily listing the top 20 users based on bandwidth.
- On the Notifications page, select Add Report at the bottom of the page.
An Add Custom Report window should be displayed.
- Enter the name of the report: Top Users for the Day.
- Enter the description of the report: Top Users for the Day based on Bandwidth.
- Enter the following text for the report:
SUM(downloadk) AS "Download in KbS" , username AS "Username"
LEFT JOIN users USING (userid)
timestamp > NOW() - INTERVAL '1 day'
"Download in KbS" DESC
- Click the Add Report button in the edit window to save the report.
- To dispatch this report:
- Select the appropriate e-mail address in the E-mail Addresses section of the page, and
- Select the Daily option for this report in the Report Notifications section of the page.
Daily reports are dispatched Monday through Friday at 6 PM. Weekly reports are dispatched Monday at 12:01 AM.
This report is specified as a daily report. If you would like to utilize this report as a weekly report make the following changes:
- In the text of the report, change INTERVAL '1 day' to INTERVAL '1 week', and
- Select the Weekly option for this report in the Report Notifications section of the page.