How To - LDAP Novell eDirectory Integration (DRAFT)
Posted by Clayton Spencer, Last modified by Robert Longshore on 11 January 2019 09:34 AM
This article is applicable to users on versions 9.4 and above.
A. Create LDAP groups named nointernet and one named unfiltered.
By placing a user in one of these groups, you can either prevent them from having Internet access or allow them to have unfiltered Internet access.
B. Create LDAP groups based upon how you would like to filter users (i.e. students vs staff). When creating group names, please be advised that the Cipafilter does not like spaces in the group name
Step 2. Cipafilter Management Interface configuration
In the Cipafilter Management Interface
A. Navigate to the Web Filtering page and select the Authentication tab.
1. In the Authentication Section section of the page, Click the Insert New Rule button and in the new rule drop down window, select Novell eDirectory.
2. Enter the IP address of your eDirectory server in the LDAP server address line.
3. Click the Magic Wand to fill in the LDAP search base information, or enter this information manually if you have it.
4. Press the Save and Apply button to save your changes.
5. Click the Check Mark to validate Method Settings.
B. Navigate to the Authentication Tools page.
1.In the Query Group Memberships section, enter a valid Username and press Query.
The group memberships for the user should be displayed.
C. Navigate to the Group Permissions page.
The Group Configuration tab is used to define the properties of each filtering group. The Group Management tab is used to add, delete, and rename groups.
1. On the Group Configuration tab, define the filtering permissions for the default group.
Please note that you can copy a previously defined group.
By configuring the default group prior to creating any new groups, you can use it as the template for additional groups.
2.Select the Group Management tab.
a. For each filtering group created in eDirectory, create a group by the same name in the Cipafilter. You can copy the default group by selecting the button to the right of the group name.
3. Select the Group Configuration tab and make any changes you desire to each group.