Click the Download Certificate button.
2. Open your device's Settings menu. Scroll down to find and select Security to open that section of the menu.
These images show the steps for Android 12 running on a Pixel 6; you may not see exactly the same thing if you are using another browser or device, or a different version of Android; however, the general process and wording should be the same. If you are running Android 10 or older, please see this article: How To - Install the SSL Certificate on Android (Android 10)
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the Security screen and tap on Advanced settings.
4. On the Advanced settings screen, select Encryption & credentials.
5. On the Encryption & credentials screen, select Install a certificate.
6. On the Install a certificate screen, select CA certificate. Your device will display a warning that your data will not be private, which refers to our SSL decryption functionality. Select Install anyway to dismiss this message. Your device will ask you to enter or create a device PIN or verify your identity via biometrics like a fingerprint to continue.
If you are setting up a new device PIN, please keep in mind that this will be used to unlock the device from now on.
7. Your device will bring up the file picker screen, allowing you to search for the downloaded certificate. It should default to showing recent files, where you should see the recently downloaded certificate file. Select this file.
8. Your device will return to the Install a certificate screen. To ensure the certificate is installed properly, tap the back arrow at the top left and select Trusted credentials from the Encryption & credentials screen, and select the USER tab. You should see your Cipafilter certificate displayed here.
How To - Install the SSL Certificate on Android (Android 10)
1. Visit your domain's SSL certificate installation instruction page to download a certificate. By default, this is https://portal.cipafilter.com/ssl . Click the Download Certificate button. 2. Depending on your device and its configuration, you may ...
How To - Install the SSL Certificate on Windows
1. Visit your domain's SSL certificate installation instruction page to download a certificate. By default, this is https://portal.cipafilter.com/ssl . Click the Download Certificate button. Depending on your browser and configuration, you may be ...
How To - Install the SSL Certificate on iOS
This guide will help you install the SSL filtering certificate for Apple mobile devices, including the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. These images show iOS 13 running on an iPhone SE; if you have an iPad, or a different version of iOS, the layout and ...
How To - Install the SSL Certificate on Chrome
This guide will help you install the SSL filtering certificate for Chome-based browsers which do not use the operating system's built-in key store — this includes Chrome OS and Chrome for Linux. These images show Chrome running on Chrome OS version ...
How To - Upload the SSL Certificate to the Google Admin Console
Regardless of which deployment method you choose, all browsers must have the certificate installed for SSL inspection to work properly. It is important to know that filtering will still occur even without the certificate deployed, but users will ...