Zoom is a free video chat service similar to Hangouts Meet and Skype.
To block the entire service:
- Add zoom.us to the manual blacklist.
To block the ability to sign into the service, and thus start meetings, while allowing users to join meetings, add the following to the manual blacklists:
- For Google signins, google.zoom.us
- For Facebook signins, facebook.zoom.us
- For their own signins, zoom.us/signin (note: this one requires SSL decryption to work)
Manual - Group Permissions
Permissions for groups of users are managed here. Each group has individual settings for the different filtering technologies available, as well as a separate whitelist and blacklist. On this page, you can also edit the global whitelist and blacklist ...
How To - Set Up PPTP VPN From The Cipafilter Interface
1. Navigate to the VPN page under Networking. 2. Check the Enable PPTP checkbox. 3. In the Client IP Range enter an IP range that is not in use by your network. You can enter a subnet using CIDR notation (eg. 22.214.171.124/24), or an IP range (eg. ...
Manual - Application Control
The Application Control page is used to administer the filter's application firewall. This feature works similarly to the standard Firewall, except that it can identify specific applications, protocols, and domains via deep packet inspection. For ...
Chromecast is a Google-developed digital media player that streams audio and video content directly via Wi-Fi. In order to use a Chromecast in conjunction with your Cipafilter, you will need to disable content filtering for the Chromecast and create ...
Manual - Web Filtering
The first thing to decide with regard to Web filtering is whether to run individual subnets in transparent or non-transparent (proxy server) mode. Transparent mode — no client configuration is required, the Cipafilter simply intercepts all traffic ...