How To - Set up L2TP/IPSec VPN on iOS
1. On the iOS device, navigate to the Settings app, to General, and then to the VPN menu.
2. Change the Type to L2TP and tap Back.
3. Fill in the information from your Cipafilter. After all of your information is filled out, tap Done.
Server: DNS name or public IP of the Cipafilter
Account: Username created on the Management Users page of the Cipafilter (VPN checkbox required)
Secret: Pre-Shared Key on the VPN page of the Cipafilter
4. The VPN page will display your new connection. Toggle the Status 'on', and if you entered your settings correctly, it will say "Connected."
How To - Set up L2TP/IPSec VPN on Windows
1. In the Start Menu, click Settings. 2. In the Settings menu, click Network & Internet. 3. Navigate to the VPN tab on the left, and then click Add a VPN connection. 4. Change the VPN provider to Windows (built-in), give it a connection name, ...
Manual - Management Users
The Management Users page provides control over the users designated to administer the filter and/or access sensitive features such as VPN services. The default management user is called root — this user can not be removed and has unlimited ...
Manual - VPN
End-User VPN Any user with the VPN access option checked on the Management Users page can access the local network via the Cipafilter's end-user (client-to-server) VPN services, if enabled. The following protocols are supported: L2TP over IPsec ...
How To - Set Up L2TP/IPSec VPN From The Cipafilter Interface
1. Navigate to the VPN page under Networking 2. Check the Enable L2TP over IPsec box. A Pre-Shared Key will generate in the second field. This can be changed if desired. 3. In the Client IP Range box, enter an IP range that is not in use by your ...
How To - Set up PPTP VPN on Windows
1. In your Windows Control Panel, select Network and Internet. 2. In the Network and Internet window, select VPN from the left-hand menu. 3. Select Add a VPN connection. 4. In the drop-down menu at the top of the Add a VPN connection wizard, select ...