1. In your Windows Control Panel, select Network and Internet.
2. In the Network and Internet window, select VPN from the left-hand menu.
3. Select Add a VPN connection.
4. In the drop-down menu at the top of the Add a VPN connection wizard, select Windows (built-in).
5. Fill in the Connection name with the name you'd like to give your VPN connection, and enter the DNS name that points to your Cipafilter (example: portal.example.k12.il.us) or the primary IP address of your filter.
6. In the VPN type dropdown, select Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).
7. Enter the user name and password set in the Management Users page of the Cipafilter in the appropriate fields, and click Save.
8. On the VPN page, click on your new VPN connection, and then click Connect.
9. You are now connected to your VPN and the connection should show "Connected".
Manual - Management Users
The Management Users page provides control over the users designated to administer the filter and/or access sensitive features such as VPN services. The default management user is called root — this user can not be removed and has unlimited ...
How To - Set up L2TP/IPSec VPN on Windows
1. In the Start Menu, click Settings. 2. In the Settings menu, click Network & Internet. 3. Navigate to the VPN tab on the left, and then click Add a VPN connection. 4. Change the VPN provider to Windows (built-in), give it a connection name, ...
Manual - VPN
End-User VPN Any user with the VPN access option checked on the Management Users page can access the local network via the Cipafilter's end-user (client-to-server) VPN services, if enabled. The following protocols are supported: L2TP over IPsec ...
How To - Set Up PPTP VPN From The Cipafilter Interface
1. Navigate to the VPN page under Networking. 2. Check the Enable PPTP checkbox. 3. In the Client IP Range enter an IP range that is not in use by your network. You can enter a subnet using CIDR notation (eg. 22.214.171.124/24), or an IP range (eg. ...
How To - Set up L2TP/IPSec VPN on iOS
1. On the iOS device, navigate to the Settings app, to General, and then to the VPN menu. 2. Change the Type to L2TP and tap Back. 3. Fill in the information from your Cipafilter. After all of your information is filled out, tap Done. Server: ...