How To - Setup L2TP/IPSec VPN on Chrome OS
1. First, navigate to the Settings page of the Chrome OS device by clicking on the Chrome Menu in the top-right corner of the Chrome Browser.
2. Or, you can click on the User Profile Menu at the bottom right corner of the screen and select Settings.
3. In the Settings window, select Add connection, Then select Add OpenVPN/L2TP.
4. When the Join VPN network window is displayed, fill in the fields to set-up the VPN connection.
The fields are defined as follows:
The Server hostname is either the DNS hostname or public IP address associated with the Cipafilter
The Service name is the name of the VPN connection as it appears in Chrome OS Settings
The Provider type is the encryption protocol that is being used, in this case L2TP/IPsec + pre-shared key
The Username and Password will be a username and password as defined on the User Accounts tab of the User Manager page. The VPN option must be enabled for the user.
The Pre-shared key will be found on the End-User VPN tab of the VPN page of the Cipafilter
5. After this information is entered, the VPN connection can be seen among the other network connections in the Network section of the Chrome OS Settings.
6. Clicking on the User Profile Menu on the bottom right of the screen will show the VPN connection, along with any WiFi or Bluetooth connections. The VPN icon will appear as a segmented bar. This icon may also be seen as part of the WiFi icon in the bottom right side of the Chrome OS screen, near the clock.
Info - IPSec VPN Compatibility
Although these technologies are industry-standard and in wide deployment, the site-to-site VPN functionality is designed primarily to interconnect two Cipafilter units — it may or may not function with other devices. If you would like to create a ...
How To - Set Up L2TP/IPSec VPN From The Cipafilter Interface
1. Navigate to the VPN page under Networking 2. Check the Enable L2TP over IPsec box. A Pre-Shared Key will generate in the second field. This can be changed if desired. 3. In the Client IP Range box, enter an IP range that is not in use by your ...
How To - Set up L2TP/IPSec VPN on Windows
1. In the Start Menu, click Settings. 2. In the Settings menu, click Network & Internet. 3. Navigate to the VPN tab on the left, and then click Add a VPN connection. 4. Change the VPN provider to Windows (built-in), give it a connection name, ...
How To - Set up L2TP/IPSec VPN on iOS
1. On the iOS device, navigate to the Settings app, to General, and then to the VPN menu. 2. Change the Type to L2TP and tap Back. 3. Fill in the information from your Cipafilter. After all of your information is filled out, tap Done. Server: ...
Manual - VPN
End-User VPN Any user with the VPN access option checked on the Management Users page can access the local network via the Cipafilter's end-user (client-to-server) VPN services, if enabled. The following protocols are supported: L2TP over IPsec ...